Van Rens (van Rens, van Rengs, van Rensch, Rens, de Rense, de Renzi)
1. Jan van Rens c. 1746 and died 1812. Had son Jan van Rens
2. Jan van Rens born in Holland 1788. He married Gertrude Skel(Schel). They had a son John V.van Rens.
John V. and Henriette
3. John and Henriette are pictured in the photograph. John V. Van Rens born 11/28/1828 in Holland and died 12/17/1908 of old age. He married Henriette Schreven in Holland. She died 2/2/1909 in Green Bay of heart failure. Her father was Gerard Schreven. They(John and Henriette) had eight children. Four were born in Holland, Gertrude(1864/5) and John (3/21/1866). John died of acute alcoholism in 6/18/07. The others: Theodora(Dedora) was born in 1869/70 and married Hubert Zegers. Gerhardina (Herpdina)(Dinah) was born 1870/71 and married John Zegers. George was born in Oconto County in 1873. He died 3/24/1974 at age 100. Frank was born 1874/5. Herman John was born 1878. Jacob was born April 1880. We have found the their Dutch hometown back to abt.1746.
Herman at Winter Logging Camp- "It's daylight in the swamp!!!"
Herman and the farmer team
4. Herman with two horses from the farm worked at a logging camp in Ocomto County for a few years as a log trail icer. He would pull his icing tanker along the log trail and create icy grooves to ruts in the trail to allow the heavy log skids to smoothly move their heavy log loads out of the woods. A good article on this process is The Icing Tankers- http://www.mcmillanlibrary.org/rosholt/wi-logging-book/wilogging/images/00000010.pdf
Herman and Alma Married
5. This is Herman and Alma's wedding picture.Herman John Van Rens was born in Little Chute, WI on 1/14/1878 and died 2/2/68 in Green Bay of old age. He married Alma Tickler June 21, 1910. She was born 1/1/86 and died 9/25/1959. Her father was Henry Tickler. Herman and Alma had two children Edward Henry and John.
Herman with sons Edward and John
Ed, Herman and John in 1939
6. Herman and Alma had two children Edward Henry and John. Ed, Herman and John posing in the backyard on Greenman St. Green Bay. John married Grace. They had 5 children Russell, Jane, Peggy, Herman and Mark.
Edward and Velma -(See Val and Van page)
7. Edward Henry Van Rens was born in Green Bay 1/12/14 and died 6/27/1991. He married Velma McGavock who was born in Beloit, WI 9/28/19 and died 8/11/92. They had eight children and are listed Val and Van Children page as well as in Jim Owens Genealogy. Dad and Mom were incredible people whose legacy will not be easily forgotten. They taught love's lessons